MAP OF SCARECROW LOCATIONS
City of Hilliard - Recreation and Parks Department
Columbus Metropolitan Library- Hilliard Branch
Credit Union of Ohio
Crooked Can Brewing Co.
Dot the i Creative & The Westwood Collective
Hilliard Darby High School- SLSP Class
Hilliard Dental Association
Hilliard Division of Police
Hilliard Ohio Historical Society
Hoffman Trails Elementary PTO
Mobility City of Columbus
Nationwide Children's Close to Home- Hilliard
Nom Nom Nom
Norwich Springs Health Center
Norwich Township Fire Department
Ohio State James Cancer Hospital and Solave Research Institute- Mill Run
Optalis Health Care- Mill Run
Patches of Light
Security Plus Insurance Agency
State Farm Insurance - Shannon Best
We invite businesses, organizations, schools, and public entities to bring the Hilliard area to life with scarecrows! Don't be a lazy bones....get your ideas together to build and decorate the most wicked awesome scarecrow to be on display outside at your location from October 17 to November 1. All scarecrows need to be removed on November 2. You do not need to be a chamber member to participate!
- Open to any business, group, organization, school or public entities.
- You make your own scarecrow to be as creative as possible within certain parameters (no bloody, violent, offensive or political themes) Maybe it is something that represents your business or organization or it can be anything that you want it to be!
- All scarecrows need to be displayed outside of your location, may be standing, sitting, laying, etc.
- Props are allowed - may have multiple scarecrows per entry.
- No flammable or electricity allowed.
- Must be able to withstand weather conditions in October Discourage carved pumpkins or other living material as they will not last the duration of this event. Must be secured well for windy conditions so it does not fall. Balloons deflate quickly and are not a suggested use.
- Must email the Chamber office a picture of your scarecrow when it is complete.
- Your scarecrows will be listed on our website so people can come and see them and of course, you can promote their appearance as well.
- We will do social media posts.
- We plan to have a map detailing all scarecrow locations.
- Celebrity judges will determine the winners.
- Judging will be done the week of October 24.
- Trophies will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Register online using the Register button above or complete this form and send the Chamber office. This will be FA--BOOOO--LOUS! Deadline to register is Tuesday, October 4. Deadline extended to October 10.
Thank you to our HAUNTING Sponsors!